Triton Alloys is Stockist and Traders of Offshore Structural Steel Plate India, Supplied in as rolled, normalised, and quenched and tempered condition as applicable, Triton Alloys INC carries a wide range of structural and offshore steel plate to satisfy offshore contractors and steel fabricators in a full range of plate sizes up to 20 m long and 4 m wide in the thickness range 3 mm to 250 mm.
Civil engineers and the construction industry in general place heavy demands on the specification and quality of structural steel now used in the construction marketplace.Predominantly, offshore structures are built specifically for drilling oil and gas deposits deep under the sea bed. Whilst applications will vary, all will have exposure to the effects of salt water corrosion, powerful sea currents often dictated by the tides and strong winds. Our search for natural fuel resources has stretched into even more inaccessible areas such as the Arctic which has also resulted in rigs drilling at much greater depths and hence lower temperatures.
Structures in harsh working environments like these require a specific range of steels to promote greater safety, longer working life and reduce the risk of failure which in certain cases could prove disastrous.
Offshore Steel Characteristics:
- High yield strength
- Excellent weldability
- Good internal soundness
- Good resistance to brittle fracture (longitudinal and transverse)
- Low phosphorus and sulphur contents
- High resistance to lamellar tearing
Below is a list of links to specifications which link to offshore steel grades as supplied by Triton Alloys INC
- S235 as per EN 10025-2 : 2004 1.0038
- S275 as per EN 10025-2 : 2004 1.0044
- S355JR Steel Plate EN 10025 – 2 : 2004 1.0045
- S355J2+N As Per EN 10025: 2004 1.0577
- S355K2+N Steel Plate EN 10025 – 2 : 2004 1.0596
- S420/S420N Steel Plate EN 10025 - 3: 2004 1.8902
- S420NL Steel Plate EN 10025 - 3: 2004 1.8912
- S460N Steel Plate EN 10025 - 3: 2004 1.8901
- S460NL Steel Plate EN 10025 - 3: 2004 1.8903
To find out more about Triton Alloys Inc Services and our Range of “Structural & Offshore Steel Plates” which we can supply directly to you, Click Here to Contact Us.